Frequently Asked Questions
Established in 2012 by Georgina Street, Life Is Beautiful Photography is a Professional Maternity, Newborn & Portrait Photographers based in Ipswich, Suffolk.
When you choose Georgina from Life Is Beautiful Photography, you have the comfort of knowing that your photographic experience will be to the highest professional level; you can trust her and know that you will have beautiful results. She believes in hand made over mass produced and quality craftsmanship. The world is filled with wonder and she believes in the importance of capturing it. Georgina does not believe in hidden costs or a pushy sales environment. Georgina sells memories, laughs and create magic moments that last a lifetime – are after all, Photographers are the storytellers of life!
Georgina has a new cozy studio on Woodbridge Road, Ipswich and also has the facility to set up her mobile studio in your home. The travel costs within 25 miles of IP4 are included in all shoots, however outside of this area there is a charge of 49p per mile.
The studio is open by appointment only, although she is available 7 days a week – Monday to Sunday. Sessions start at 9am and the last session starts at 4pm (excluding newborns). For a home session she needs around 6 foot of space to bring the session to you.
No do not wait as Georgina gets booked up very fast. Due dates are not always accurate, so give her a call on 07512784497 and she can provisionally book a slot normally about 2 weeks after your due date, then she will contact you again a few days before the shoot once your new bundle of joy has arrived and confirm the appointment. If baby is early, we will try our hardest to rearrange your shoot to accommodate.
The diary of a newborn and baby photographer is a complicated place! Nobody told your baby that they are expected to turn up for their portrait session and while some can’t wait to get here, some are fashionably late. This makes photographers diaries a wonderfully fluid place!
When you first book your session you will be required to pay the Creative fee to reserve your place in the diary. As a guide, newborn sessions are booked two weeks after your due date – just in case baby arrives late and so when baby does arrive this also gives you time to settle back in at home. If baby is early, please let Georgina know as soon as possible so that she can capture those all important newborn curls.
Georgina takes a limited number of newborn sessions each month so that she can ensure she fits everybody in and work around midwife and health visitor appointments once baby is here, so please do not wait to secure your session.
Your portrait session can take place in her studio or in the comfort of your home. We want you and your baby to feel relaxed and comfortable so you are able to feed on demand and put your feet up!
Georgina has a vast amount of props and accessories for you to choose from and she tailors to each session.
One of the most common things is your baby is guaranteed to poop and/or pee on props, blankets, perhaps even Georgina or you! This is just part for the course, something we are used to dealing with on a daily basis and something she allows for. All of the blankets and props are washed after each session.
Your newborn portrait session can take up to 4 hours and the reason for this is your newborn will need feeding, cuddles and cleaning throughout the session which is baby led rather than photographer led!
We understand that everyone gets unwell at times (even us photographers do!!) so we would want you to look and feel your best when having your images taken. Georgina do not offer refunds, but if you let her know before your shoot date, she will rearrange your session at a time and date that suits you, with no cancellation fees.
Georgina looks at each image as an individual frame, retouching it to perfection. She will edit at least one image in Black and white to show you the effect and at the viewing we give you the choice if you would like to buy the image in colour or black and white. She also provides digital newborn artwork – please look at our newborn gallery for examples.
The turn around time for editing your beautiful images is around 1 – 2 weeks. Georgina will book your Viewing in at the same time as your session and then you are invited for your viewing in her home in Martlesham Health, Ipswich. This is where you will have your gallery showcased to yourselves and choose which images & products you would like to purchase. All products and images chosen are to be purchased at this time. Once you have had your viewing she can upload a preview on her Facebook site so please feel free to tag and share. Orders will take around 2-3 weeks for completion.
No, I’m afraid there is no online gallery option as you experience your viewing process on the big screen.
Life goes extremely fast and sometimes getting a date in the diary for viewing your images can be a little tricky, but Georgina strives to get a date sorted within 2-3 weeks after your session.
Cash and BACS – A card machine is available but cannot accept cards over the phone, only as chip and pin.
Yes – A wonderful new range of Fine Art frames – details are on the products page.
Yes – Please see prices for more information.
Yes! If you book in on selected photo sessions.
Your Creative fee does not include any Prints/Digital or Wall Art. The fee covers Georgina’s time taken, use of her props and time to retouch your beautiful portraits to perfection. The £99 Creative Fee for the sessions will be deducted from your final order.
Georgina does not believe in pressure selling and if you would like to purchase any products, this can all be done separately after your session.
Georgina values her customers and with competition winners, you win the shoot (the value of the Creative £99 fee – her time taken to capture and edit your images). We hope that you fall in love with the photos and if you do wish to purchase anything, then you can when you come back to view your images.
The Creative Fee will be deducted from the final package.
Georgina would absolutely love to photograph you, but please remember she runs a business. Thank you.
- Shoes and coats will need to be removed in the buildings hallway before entering the studio space
- Hand washing facilities are available at the studio as well as hand sanitiser throughout the session
- A mask will be worn by Georgina
- Clients will be asked to bring their own masks to the session and these will be removed whilst the client is having their photo taken
- All props, fabrics and studio space will be deep cleaned once the session has finished
- Only two sessions per day to allow a deep clean of the studio to take place – morning & afternoon slots
- If you feel unwell the day before or on the day of the session then you will be asked to reschedule (even if it is not covid-19 related)
- If Georgina becomes unwell, she will be in touch to reschedule your session
- All sessions will be under review on a bespoke basis according to the government guidelines
- Sessions will be guided 2 metre away with the exception of Newborns
- Newborn sessions will open up at the end of July 2020 – please check before booking
- Viewing appointments will take place with everyone wearing masks and the card machine will be sanitised before and after use– at this present time – no cash is allowed I’m afraid
- All orders will still be hand delivered but left outside without entering clients homes
- If further lockdown measures are enforced in the future, Georgina will postpone the appointment and reschedule once restrictions are lifted. No refunds are given.
- If you have any concerns please contact Georgina and she will be happy to help. Thank you for helping to keep everyone safe in these strange times.